Thursday 17 February 2011

Planning for my music magazine

My music magazine will be an independent magazine for Indie music lovers. It will contain new and upcoming artists. The magazines intention is to give information to the audience about the new and upcoming artists in the United Kingdom. It will not have all the big named bands in which you see in the more popular music magazines but will have small and upcoming singers who have been seen to have a good potential to make a name of themselves. The magazine will include most of the information that a normal magazine would contain with pictures, interviews, information , Upcoming gigs and many other things. The magazine will be colourful and bright. The name for my magazine will be WTFK it stands for "Whats the frequency Kenneth"it is a song by the American alternative rock group R.E.M. Many new magazines get their names from songs from well known bands. The magazine will be an Indie magazine and target people who like new and upcoming Indie singers and bands . The target audience will be teenagers and young adults. It will be low cost and easy to read and purchase. It will have a certain colour scheme throughout the magazine and these colours will be Black and red so then people can relate to the magazine and personally I find it distracting when there is a wide range of colour schemes as it distracts the eye. I will be using a male model named Connor Hodgins and this will be the name of my artist. I believe in Independent artists as I believe that they have put more input into their success then what a professional artist does as they don't do all the work and they don't get all the profit that an independent artist would get. I want my artist to have a shy look about him but when in the article that I will do for my double page spread he will talk about his claim to fame and this will be laid out in a column to make it more professional. I have found a location were I would like to take shots of my artist in a music studio and I have found a professional music studio in the city centre of Hull, I have emailed the Studio and they have given me the go ahead for the shooting and I have been given a date and time to go with my artist and do the shoot. I will be going in mind with the fact I need shots that will be able to fit a Front cover so it will have to be portrait and have enough room for positioning my Articles and Masthead and all the codes and conventions that a Front cover of a magazine would have. My Contents page will require a variety of images for my contents page as it will need to have more advertisements so I will use a different artist for my contents page so I will take more Images so then it will be more professional and also look more realistic so I will also be going to the shoot with another artist to take more photos. I will also need to create a double page spread that will require a landscape photo so then it will be able to fit into the image but also I am also going to take a Portrait image as I want to be able to put a column in so then I can produce a interview in which it will be structured by columns.

No comments:

Post a Comment